Official MHS Logo

Join M.H.S. Today!

Membership Form

Order Your Brick Today!

Order Form

Follow us on Facebook!

Follow us!
About Us

Located in Butler County, Ohio, the Monroe Historical Society’s mission is to acquire, preserve, exhibit and interpret the proud history of hometown Monroe!

We are located at 10 E. Elm Street 

 Monroe, Ohio 45050 

Call or Email us for more information!

513-539-2270

info@monroeohhistoricalsociety.org

Hours of Operation
Welcome to the Monroe Ohio Historical Society!  We operate three museums:

  • An 1800’s era log cabin, located in Monroe Community Park 
  • 1910 General Store 
  • A replica of the Williamsburg, Virginia Chickahominy House, which serves as our flagship museum and administrative offices

The Main Street museum campus is open on Monday mornings from 10 am to 12 pm or by appointment, excluding holidays. The log cabin is open for special events, and by appointment.

Our Store

We have many unique items available for purchase.

These would make wonderful gifts for that “hard to buy for” person on your list!!

  • Wooden Replicas of old Monroe
  • Christmas ornaments
  • Sesquicentennial coins
  • Society logo shirts
  • Rare local history books

Limited quantities are on hand!

Stop into the Historical Society during business hours and purchase today!

BOARD OF DIRECTORS


OFFICERS:

President – Christina McElfresh 

Vice President – Dr. Kelly Meyer

Corr. Secretary/Publicity –  Kristie A. Keithley

Treasurer – Lora Stillman

Assistant Treasurer/Membership – Mary Maurer

Curator – Dorothy Smith

Assistant Curator – Jo Hutsenpiller

Recording Secretary – Judy Shillinglaw

Director – Dan Clark 

Director/Facilities – Jim Price

Director/Special Events – Anna Hale

AUXILIARY:

Log Cabin – Mike Kuth

Past President – Joyce Tannreuther

Past President – Jane Majors

Window  Display – Pat Williams

Exhibit Assistant – Nancy Bolton

IT Director – John Crist

Contact Us!

7 + 15 =


Commemorative Brick Sale!

The Monroe Historical Society is selling these bricks to assist with the preservation of Monroe’s continuing history. The bricks may be engraved with the names of people, clubs, business, or anyone that the purchaser wishes to honor. Bricks may be ordered to celebrate a retirement, birthday, wedding, class graduation year, or memorable event.  These bricks are part of the walkway leading to the entrance of the Museum at 10 East Elm Street. The bricks may contain three lines of type, with each line containing fourteen spaces. This includes every letter, number, punctuation mark, and space between words or names. The Monroe Historical Society reserves the right to refuse any wording deemed as inappropriate. Orders cannot be accepted by telephone to assure the accuracy of the order. 

Payments may be made by check and returned with this form to Monroe Historical Society, P.O. Box 82, Monroe, OH 45050. For more information, please contact us at (513) 539-2270. CLICK HERE FOR ORDER FORM!


1910 General Store/Museum
1910 General Store/Museum

(Slideshow) Monroe, Ohio Circa early 1900’s

Located in Monroe Community Park Log Cabin Circa 1797-1817
Pioneer Log Cabin. circa 1797-1817

Utilize our fully interactive map below! More Historic Locations to be added soon! 

Monroe Historical Society

1910 General Store/Museum

MONROE PIONEER LOG CABIN

Historic Buggy Factory

Site of the Original Monroe National Bank. Rebuilt in 1953

Methodist Church.

Bakers Hill. John Baker (first settler in Monroe) built his log cabin here prior to 1800.

Catholic Church. Began as Seven Dolors Parish in the 1870's

Mount Airy. Built just after the Civil War by Thomas Jefferson Conover.

North Monroe Cemetery