The Monroe Historical Society was founded in May of 1967 by local citizens to organize and put on Monroe’s 150th-anniversary celebration.  The Monroe Historical Society also relocated a pioneer log cabin acquired from a nearby property.

Located in Butler County, Ohio, the Monroe Historical Society currently operates three (3) museums: an 1800’s era pioneer log cabin, the 1910 General Store, and our home – a replica of the Williamsburg Virginia, Chickahominy House.


The Monroe Historical Society Board

OFFICERS:
President – Judy Shillinglaw
Vice President – Open
Recording Secretary / Corresponding Secretary – Anna Hale
Office Mgr – Shannah DeHart
Treasurer – Kristen Carlson
Assistant Treasurer– Mary Maurer
Curator – Scott Fowler
Assistant Curator – Reed Musgrove
Director of Technology – James Bell
Director of Facilities/Building Admin – Jim Price
Director of Publicity – Judy Shillinglaw
Director at Large – Open
Director at Large – Roger Miller

AUXILIARY:
Former President – Christina (Kristie) McElfresh
1910 Window Display Chair – Kelly Meyer (Clark)
1910 Window Display Assistant Chair – Erin Clark 
Exhibit Room – Anna Hale & Anne Rolfes
Facebook Social Media Coordinator – Cam Petrocy Hammond
Log Cabin – Mike Kuth